Annual General Meeting
SIG will hold its AGM in May 2019.
The Chairman's Letter and Notice of Meeting will be accessible here.
Registrars and transfer office
Computershare Investor Services PLC
24 hour helpline*
0370 707 1293
+44 370 707 1293
0370 702 0005
Shareholder enquiries should be addressed to the Registrars at the above address.
* Operator assistance available between 8.30am and 5.30pm each business day.
Our Registrars offer a share dealing service.
For further details visit:
www.computershare.com/sharedealingcentre or call +44 (0) 370 703 0084 (commission charges, and terms and conditions apply).
ShareGift is an independent UK registered charity which exists to provide a solution to the longstanding problem of unwanted small shareholdings, where dealing costs prohibit the owner selling because the profit is either too small or the costs are higher than the value of the shares. Even if a shareholder has only one or two shares ShareGift can help to dispose of them with proceeds going to a charitable cause.
Millions of pounds are tied up in wasted assets, which are of no value to their owners. ShareGift aggregates and sells these parcels of donated shares, giving the proceeds to a wide range of UK charities.
Further information can be found at www.sharegift.org
Dividend tax allowance
In respect of UK Shareholders, from April 2016 dividend tax credits were replaced by an annual £5,000 tax-free allowance on dividend income across an individual's entire share portfolio. Above this amount, individuals pay tax on their dividend income at a rate dependent on their income tax bracket and personal circumstances. As per Part 1, Section 8 of Finance (No. 2) Act 2017, the dividend allowance is due to be cut from £5,000 to £2,000 from April 2018. Shareholders should seek independent financial advice as to how these changes will impact their personal tax obligations. The Company will continue to provide registered shareholders with a confirmation of the dividends paid by SIG plc, and this should be included with any other dividend income received when calculating and reporting total dividend income received. It is the shareholder's responsibility to include all dividend income when calculating any tax liability.
Warning to shareholders regarding boiler room scams
Some of SIG's shareholders have received unsolicited telephone calls from overseas based ‘brokers’, offering to buy SIG shares at a substantial premium to the prevailing market price. These are believed to be "boiler room scams". These ‘brokers’ can be very persistent and extremely persuasive and shareholders are advised to be very wary of any unsolicited advice.
Boiler rooms scams can take many different forms, some of which are set out below:
- Offers to buy shares you currently hold at an inflated price but then request money from you upfront as a bond or other form of security;
- Offers to sell you shares in a company you have never hear of which turn out to be worthless, overpriced or even non-existent shares;
- Offers of help from “recovery rooms” to assist those defrauded by boiler rooms. They approach victims of boiler room fraud and, for an upfront fee, promise to review their case and obtain reimbursement from a European Court fund or other legal avenue.
More information on different types of scams and what you should do can be found on the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) web-site at www.fca.org.uk/consumers/scams.
Should you receive any unsolicited investment advice, receive any offer to sell shares you currently hold or receive an offer to buy shares in another company:
Ensure you obtain the correct name of the person calling and the firm they represent;
- Check that they are authorised by the FCA prior to getting involved, by visiting www.fca.org.uk/register and contact the firm using the details on the register;
- Report the matter to the FCA either by calling the Consumer Helpline on 0800 111 6768, e-mail email@example.com or complete the online share fraud reporting form which can be found at www.fca.org.uk/consumers/scams/investment-scams/share-fraud-and-boiler-room-scams/reporting-form. Please note that if you deal with an unauthorised firm, you will not be eligible to receive payment under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme;
- Report the matter to the police through Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040;
- If the calls persist, hang up.